Monday, May 22, 2006

Things to Think About...

While reading Josh Harris's "Stop Dating the Church", I was caught once again thinking, "How much more passionate are we about the things of this world than the things of God?" I can start the long list of things that are in my top priorities, and I wonder how often I squeeze God out so I can make room for them?
John Stott said, "If the church is central to God's purpose as seen in both history and the gospel, it must surely also be central to our lives. How can we take lightly what God takes so seriously? How dare we push to the circumference what God has placed at the center?" Thinking about that in relationship to our priorities, but also with respect to how we worship God in His house, how can we know what God desires and expects of us except through His Holy Word? Will we choose to dictate to God how we will run our lives and how we will worship Him? Who are we to say this to God, who has created us and formed our innermost being?
The next time we want to push God out so we can fit our activities in, we should ask ourselves, "Do I live for myself, or for Christ Jesus, my LORD and Savior?"

No comments: